Paving Questions and Answers
1. A crack is just a crack, right? What if I don’t fill that crack this year? Is that really such a big deal?
2. How long can I expect my pavement to last? What’s normal? How long with regular maintenance? During the first 75% of a pavement’s life cycle, it performs well and to untrained eye, it even looks pretty good. After that, deterioration occurs rapidly.
3. How do you know I’m getting value for my money? How am I saving with John Parichuk Paving LLC?
Be very specific in your request for quotes. Example: one-inch overlay or two-inch overlay. Patch or (full depth) patches. We specify construction parameters using the best methods to install or repair asphalt paving. This gives you the longest life for your pavement.
4. How long will it take to do my job? What’s the process? Is it messy? Is it dangerous? Is it environmentally safe? Only a trained professional can answer these questions. Contact John Parichuk Paving LLC at 717-577-7329.
5. What is the John Parichuk Paving LLC Difference? Problem solving solutions, construction methods, honesty, integrity and reliability.
Example: Saw cut, not jack hammer, patches because jack hammers create micro cracking of the adjacent blacktop, shortening the life by allowing water to penetrate. Sealing all edges of a new patch prevents water from penetrating.
Full Depth (not skin patch) restores the vase and surface asphalt.
Skin patch does not address the reason for the failure and will change the drainage pattern, creating water pooling in adjacent areas.
6. If my pavement was professionally installed, why do I need to worry about maintenance?
Even the best of surfaces are subject to the wear and tear caused by time, weather and traffic. No paved surface is permanent. By undertaking a program of planned pavement maintenance, considerable savings in rehabilitation cost may be achieved.
Your pavement surface will remain sound, usable and safe. Extensive downtime needed to repair deep cracks and potholes will be reduced or eliminated. Proper maintenance can significantly extend the life of existing pavements, and it will help to protect your paving investment.
7. How much does it cost? How much will periodic maintenance cost/save me in the long run? Each job is different and John Parichuk Paving LLC representative can help with all of these questions. Please call 717-577-7329 or fill out our contact form