Paving and Seal Coating Contractor Checklist
Are you looking to have a newly installed driveway or getting your current driveway improved? There are several things to consider when it comes to asphalt driveways. Use this checklist to make certain you have the best experience possible from your investment.
- Do your research and make sure the contractor you have selected has the proper licensing from the state and that they are fully insured.
- Don’t be afraid to ask the contractor for references. Also, check out their website or social media accounts and, in particular, look at any photos posted showing past jobs they have completed.
- There’s no better source of information than word of mouth. Check with friends and family for referrals on who did their recent driveway installations.
- Inquire about what materials are being used. They should be able to provide you with a detailed work order that shows this.
- Confirm the contractor will be using a minimum thickness of 2 inches of asphalt. For a new installation, ask what they will be using for the driveway base and how thick that will be as well. The base should be stone that the asphalt is laid on top of.
- There’s more than just completing the job. Find out what warranties the contractor offers on both materials and labor.
- Most areas require permits for driveways, both new and improved. Ask the contractor whether they will obtain all necessary county and local municipality permits, or if you have to.
- Remember…call before you dig! Make sure the contractor will call (in Pennsylvania) PA811 to make sure the area they are working in is clear of underground utilities such as gas, water, phone, cable, etc.
- Review the contract. Make sure all costs are listed on the contract and inquire about anything you feel is missing or incomplete.
After working through this checklist, see us. We are confident we can offer the best value for your investment. John Parichuk Paving has been serving the local York and Adams community for more than 50 years. Our experienced team of paving contractors is ready to help you with your next paving and seal coating projects.