Driveway Repaving vs. Driveway Sealcoating
As a homeowner, you value your property. Many homeowners find themselves struggling to maintain their home’s appearance. One of the difficult tasks in a home’s upkeep is the asphalt driveway. When was the last time you resurfaced, patched, or repaved your driveway? It’s not always easy to know when you should sealcoat or completely resurface a driveway.
We’ve put together a list of questions we answer often for homeowners just like you.
How can I tell it’s time to resurface or sealcoat a driveway?
Sealcoat is a liquid mixture applied to asphalt driveways to protect it from elements like weather, moisture, and vehicle wear and tear. Sealcoating is a great way to maximize the life of your driveway and costs less than a full replacement which makes it an appealing choice for many homeowners.
Here are a few signs it may be time to sealcoat your driveway:
- It’s been more than two years since the last sealcoat treatment.
- There are minor cracks present.
- The driveway is gray instead of black.
How do I know it’s time for a total driveway replacement?
Depending on the age or condition of your driveway, it may be time for a full driveway replacement. Repaving a driveway is necessary when:
- Your driveway is more than 25 years old.
- Spider cracks are present (Spider cracks are interlaced surface cracks that are present on a large area). These are difficult to patch properly.
- You have multiple potholes which are caused by a diminishing stone base.
Hire a Professional Paving Contractor
There is an abundance of paving contractors in York and Adams County. John Parichuk Paving is the paver of choice by many residents in the area. We offer free quotes for any driveway or parking lot paving project and have been delivering quality work for more than fifty years.